You can read the first 4 parts of the series here.
We graduate in 6 days. SIX DAYS! It is hard to believe that it is finally here. This semester has been full of anticipation. Now that we are almost finished, it seems like it really flew by. It was my easiest semester ever, with only one class and my internship. It was Philip's hardest semester with him working full-time, working on a thesis project and 3 other classes, and looking for a job! I am so proud of him for accomplishing so much. I look back on this semester and I just think "we made it...we actually made it."
There wasn't a ton of fun stuff we did. We did get to go home to Texas for spring break and see both of our families. We made it to the mountains 2 or 3 times. We enjoyed lots of date nights just staying at home and watching a movie or playing a game. We spent lots of time talking about how excited we were to move to Texas. It wasn't until 2 weeks ago that we knew exactly where we would be moving. Philip got a job offer 2 weeks ago to work for the city of Deer Park (Houston area) as a Recreation Specialist. It is the exact kind of job he had been looking for and we were so excited when he got the offer! We were expecting to end up in the North Texas area, but we have grown very excited about living so close to the beach! We are also only a little over an hour from my family which is an unexpected surprise! I am still looking for a job. I know it is in God's hands. He has got a job out there for me somewhere. It will happen in his timing, not mine.
Last weekend we flew to Houston to find an apartment. We found one in the Clear Lake area that we love. We began the process of packing yesterday. Philip already had his last day at Lowes last week. I still have 2 more days of work this week. I finished my internship last week. Pretty much everything we do this week will be the last time we do it here in Denver. This really is the end of the journey that started 4 years ago when I dropped my parents off at the Denver airport and drove crying all the way back to The Crossing. I haven't cried yet about leaving. I don't know if I will. I definitely have gotten sad thinking about it. The excitement about moving home outweighs the sadness about leaving Denver though.
I moved here because I wanted an adventure. Mission accomplished. Now it is time to start a new adventure with my new husband in our new home in Houston.

No comments:
Post a Comment