Saturday, June 11, 2011

SUMMER is here!!

Summertime is my absolute favorite season in Colorado. There is sooo much to do and only 3 months to do it all in! So far Philip and I have gone to the Denver Chalk Art Festival, the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo and Garden of the Gods. Here are some pictures from our adventures.

 Here are some of the murals from the Chalk Art Festival


 My lovely fiance. We are eating downtown at Willie G's. 


Apparently there is some knitting club in Denver that decorated this fence. It made this construction site look much prettier than it actually was! 

 Here is a closeup of those flowers

There were lotsss of giraffes at the zoo! 


 We were too cheap to buy the lettuce to feed them....so we just tried to get as close as we could without food to entice them!
 This giraffe actually is not kissing my head....although that would have been interesting.

 I can't remember what these little guys were called. I thought they were baby kangaroos, but they aren't. 

 The tiger never moved in the 2 hours we were there.

 I am getting attacked! I thought it was funny...

 This was my absolute favorite! They had 2 grizzly bears!



 This porcupine was really stinky, but funny.

  A moose..

 If you look closely you can see 2 hippos. Philip wanted to go swimming with them. I said no.

These guys were my second favorite. There was a mom, a dad, and their cute little baby. It was hilarious. We watched them for like 10 minutes. 

Hopefully we will get to visit lots more places this summer! Oh and....our wedding is under one month away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment