Monday, November 14, 2011

I have to brag about my husband...just a little bit!

The amount of my blogging always seems to go down as the semester wears on. Only 5 (4 if you count Thanksgiving week) more weeks to go until our semester is over! Then we will only have one left!

This morning I decided I needed to brag on my husband a little bit. He has gone above and beyond the past week or so! Last week Wednesday I arrived at my internship as usual around noon. I was trying to decide whether or not I wanted to take my purse or my backpack in. I ended up deciding to leave my purse in the car. I got out and shut the door, only to immediately realize that my keys and phone were inside my purse, which was inside the car. I knew right away that I would have to call Philip off a co-workers phone and ask him to bring my my spares. I left a message since he was at work. I felt so bad because I knew as soon as he got of work at 1:00 he needed to write 2 papers that were due the next day. I hated to inconvenience him. My internship is a good 25 minutes from where we live.

Well, he showed up around 2:00 with a smile on his face and sonic drink for me in his hand. He was happy to come rescue me! I was so pleased that I made him come inside and introduced him to everyone I intern with. (We were in the middle of a staff meeting). I love that I intern at a place where doing stuff like that is totally ok. After he left I discovered a note on my phone he had put there when he retrieved my purse for me. It said that helping me is never an inconvenience and that he will always be happy to do it! I almost cried when I read that. What an amazing husband I have!

This past weekend Philip's family came to visit. We spend the weekend in the mountains with them in Breckenridge. On the way back to Denver on Sunday, we noticed a weird sound that seemed to be coming from one of my tires. Sure enough, about 2 minutes later it got way worse and we pulled over on the side of I-70 to find a flat tire! I've never had a flat tire. I was very happy that Philip was with me when this happened. He changed it all by himself with a smile on his face. It was extremely windy and cold. Today he is buying me all new tires since the ones I have are almost bald.


I am so lucky to have a husband who works full-time, goes to school full-time and still has plenty of time to rescue me!

1 comment:

  1. Hubby to the rescue! These are memories you'll remember for a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete