Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Peace

Today is Denver's second big snow of the season. Unfortunately, it was not quite big enough for Denver Seminary to cancel classes. Thus, here I am in the library working on a paper until I need to head to my internship. We have a very nice library. In the back there is a kind of separate room with a huge window that looks out on a lot of trees and the South Platte River (which you can't really see because of the trees). The view right now is so incredibly peaceful. Everything is covered in a perfect blanket of white snow. Snow is still falling at a pretty good rate. The trees and bushes are bending underneath the weight of the snow they carry. I took a picture on my phone, but it comes nowhere close to doing it justice so I won't share it.

Every time we get a new snow I am reminded of how Jesus has washed all of us as white as snow. My view out the window right now gives imagery to Isaiah 1:18.

 'Come now, let us reason together,' says the Lord. 'Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.'


I am so thankful that my sins have been made white as snow. Every day I am given a new chance to start over. God is not making some huge tally of all my sins in order to hold them over my head. Instead, he offers us all his free gift of grace. I don't think about this enough. I am glad I have the snow to remind me.


1 comment:

  1. What an amazing picture! It is so beautiful and serene. You are right. God gives us His forgiveness and does not keep score of our wrongs. What a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete