Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I Saw God Today

I saw God today...in a little girl's embrace. Haley (the little girl I nanny) gave me the sweetest hug today and was so excited to see me. I did not think a whole lot of this until just before I sat down to write this post. I think the innocent love of a child is a reflection of God. As I remember Haley's embrace, the image of God embracing me comes to mind. He is so excited to see me and spend time with me everyday...yet I often do not feel the same. This brings me to the point of this post. 

How often do you take note of God working in the seemingly mundane day-to-day grind of life? How often do you see his image reflected in people and places? I know I don't look for these things often enough. I know God is working all around me everyday, but I often fly by at one-hundred miles an hour because I am so busy and just need to get on to the next thing. I want to become someone who is able to see God everywhere I go. He is there...I just have to look for Him. I want to take time to pause and look at the leaves falling from the trees and wonder at God's creative design. I want to see God's work in my friends' lives. I want to recognize his work in mine. 

With that said, I want to list at least two ways I see God on this blog everyday. I'll call it my "I Saw God Today" series. I'm going to try at for at least a month and then go from there. Tomorrow is day 1. I challenge you to do this with me. I welcome any comments about how any of you see God in your world and lives. I wonder what we will all see by the end of one month...

P.S. If you haven't already noticed, I like to change my blog's design. I am still playing with it. I'm one of those people who likes to change things up. You'll know you are like me if you rearranged your bedroom furniture every couple of weeks growing up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment