The Fall 2010 semester is officially over for Denver Seminary! I finished up on Tuesday with a Statistics final. (You may be wondering why in the world I am taking Statistics at a seminary. It has to do with the counseling program and learning about psychological research.) It was surprisingly easy. I still had to work the rest of the week, but in my spare time I watched the entire season 1 of Friends. It was a wonderful break for my brain.
Philip finished up yesterday (Friday). I felt a little bad that while I was relaxing and watching Friends, he was studying so hard for his Greek final. I did help just a little bit. I now know what a pleonasm is. I bet you don't. I am so proud of him for studying so hard for Greek this semester. It is NOT an easy class.
It is hard to believe I've lived here for over 2.5 years and have finished 2 years of seminary. It has gone by so quickly. I can't even begin to explain how much has changed since I took my first class here. Seminary has been a very transformational time for me. If all goes well, in exactly one year I will have my Masters in Community Counseling! Unfortunately that is not the end of the road on this counseling career journey for me, but I'll save that for another blog post! (No-I'm not going to get my doctorate just in case anyone was wondering that.)
Today Philip has to work until 6, then we are driving the first leg of our trip to Amarillo! Tomorrow we'll drive the rest of the way to Denton and spend a few days with his family. On Tuesday our families are meeting for the first time in College Station. Philip and I are also meeting with some wedding cake people. I've been told by our wedding planner that we will have LOTS of yummy samples to try and take home.
We will then head to East Bernard and Philip will spend a few days with my family before heading back to Denton to spend Christmas with his family. We are very excited! I am going to spend today getting both of our apartments spic and span and then pack!!
Oh P.S.- We took our engagement pictures this past week! Jackie Nuxol (Selah Photography) took them! Hopefully I can post a few of them on here soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment