Sunday, August 7, 2011

I am ready for fall

The summer is slowly coming to an end. For those of you reading in Texas you probably were wishing the heat would come to an end. The mornings here in Colorado have begun to cool off slightly. Back to school supplies fill the aisles at Walmart and Target. Commercials are boasting the coolest back to school clothes. The talk of football is heavy in the air. All this gets me so excited for the fall! I absolutely love when all the trees begin to change and people start to put out fall decorations. I can't wait to purchase our first fall decorations and decorate our tiny little apartment! Here are some of the things that fall means for Philip and I:

1. Seminary starts back up in full swing. Our free time dramatically goes downhill.
2. The aspens will begin to change colors which means I will insist on many trips into the mountains to go see them and take in the breathtaking scenery.
3. My not-so-fun summer nanny job ends and I get to start my preschool TA job again!
3. I get to bring out all my fall-scented candles and burn them pretty much non-stop during our long days and evenings of studying that are to come.
4. We get to make chili.
5. As the days cool off even more, we will have an excuse to turn on our gas fireplace and snuggle!
6. We get to drink coffee and hot chocolate on our cute little porch all wrapped up in blankets!
7. Corn Maizes!
8. We will try making lots of yummy homemade breads!
9. We get to cheer for our alma mater, Texas A&M!
10. We will become an aunt and uncle to our first nephew!

I know most of you are probably wishing summer would last just a little bit longer, but personally I am ready for a change of season!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so ready for fall, too. Fall usually means more flexible time for me and, of course more pleasant temperatures.

    ReplyDelete