Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Our Wedding Story: The Bridal Luncheon

For those of you who haven't read the whole story about how Philip and I met, feel free to click on the tab above labeled "The Story of Us."

Friday was a very busy day. Philip and I met up for an early coffee date because we knew that we probably wouldn't get any more alone time until after the wedding. Philip then came over to my sister's house, otherwise known as wedding central. My best friend Becca had made us a wedding gift and wanted to personally give it to us. We opened it up and found a gorgeous quilt! We were both so touched by the time and effort she put into making us such a keepsake. 


After that, Philip was kicked out so that the girls could start getting ready for the bridal luncheon. We got ourselves all prettied up and then waited around for a little while until we needed to leave. In the meantime, my dad came over so we could practice our father/daughter dance. It was a waltz, so I felt we needed a little practicing!


All of the girls then headed out the door to Madden's Cafe for my bridal luncheon which was hosted by my new aunt, Karen and her daughter Mindy. I was blown away by the thought and care they put into planning the whole event! When everyone got there we said our hellos and took lots of pictures!






While we were enjoying our delicious meal, Karen and Kay, my mother-in law, presented me with gifts. I got a really cute white summery shirt and a cute cookbook and spatula!



After that, I presented my bridesmaids with their gifts. About 6 or 7 months before the wedding I decided I wanted to hand make something for my bridesmaids. If you remember my post on sewing, you know that I decided to pick up sewing about 6 or 7 months ago. I decided to take on the project of making aprons for each of my bridesmaids! It was both a fun and stressful experience! The first one I made was Becca's. It definitely had the most mistakes, but she loved it anyway. My mom was able to help me with some of them when she came up to visit a few weeks before the wedding. If it wasn't for her, I don't know if I could have finished them!


After the bridal luncheon, we all headed to a nail salon to get our manicures and pedicures!




After a wonderful morning and afternoon of fun, we all headed back to where we each were staying for a little down time before the rehearsal dinner! Stay tuned for a post on that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment