When I first moved to Denver I was so excited about living somewhere with snow! I loved my first winter here. I took a picture like every time it snowed and sent it to my family. The next two winters I had a ski pass so that was pretty fun. It made it really exciting when it snowed because I knew there would be fresh powder. I have never really had too much trouble driving in the snow, mainly due to the fact that I have a good SUV for snow...and it is four wheel drive.
Well this winter we could not afford ski passes so there is no skiing to look forward to when it snows. And I now have a lot more to do during the week than when I first moved here. I have a job, school, and an internship. This means that when it snows I don't get to just sit at home and enjoy watching it through the window. It means I am have to be out and about driving in it. I have to spend 10 minutes just scraping the ice off my car so I don't kill someone trying to see though an ice-covered windshield.
Another thing about snow is that it is beautiful as long as it is snowing, but as soon as it stops it gets all gross. It either freezes and gets really slippery or it gets all muddy and yucky. I never used to have to spend so much time thinking about whether or not it was ok to wear flats in the winter in Texas. Here, I have to wonder whether I can avoid walking on any snow all day long so that I can wear flats instead of boots.
Oh...and it is no fun playing tennis when the tennis courts are covered in snow. My husband and I decided that we wanted to starting playing tennis with each other. We both want to start getting more exercise, but we want it to be fun. Well the first time we went to play, the courts were 50% covered in snow. We went back a few days later thinking the snow would have melted, but it hadn't. I got in a bad mood and that is when I decided I am over the snow. I don't like it anymore. I am ready to move back to Texas where when it snows it is such a big deal that everything shuts down and everybody gets a snow day. I may change my mind when we actually move, but for now I am going to say that I am tired of the snow!


No comments:
Post a Comment