Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What happens when we graduate?

Isn't that a great question? As a graduate student in your last semester, you often hear some version of this question from lots of different people. I don't really mind being asked as long as the person is ok with an unsure answer. I'm not so sure what is going to happen when we graduate. Outside of our decision to move to Texas after graduation, there is not a whole lot that we know. We don't know exactly where in Texas because we don't know where or if we will get jobs right away.

That is the part that scares me the most. The thought of just moving without the security of jobs is hard for me, but we are committed to moving. Neither of us has anything really keeping us here. Our main support system is in Texas. Neither of our jobs are to die for...so they aren't keeping us here. The one thing that I know I will miss everyday is the mountains. I wish I could bring them with us. I know some Texans that would be grateful for that.

Back to the scary part...I am not good with doing something without a plan. If May 13th rolls around and neither of us has jobs in Texas I am going to be one crazy lady. In a way I am fear that date, but in other ways I am excited to see my faith stretched. It has been quite a while since I feel like my faith in God has been stretched or challenged. This will definitely do the trick. Even just applying for full-time jobs scares me a bit. It is something I have never had to do. I've always only had time for a part-time job in addition to school. It doesn't help that counseling isn't exactly the easiest field to break into either. I'll have my Masters in Counseling, but that doesn't mean employers will be lining up to hire me.

This is where the trust part come in. I absolutely HAVE to trust that God is going to provide for Philip and I. It may not look like what we want it to, but His plan is better than ours anyway. I need to loosen my grip on my plan a bit and start asking God what His plan is. I want whatever we end up doing after we graduate to glorify and honor Him. That is what really matters in this life.




No comments:

Post a Comment