So I realize that it is after Thanksgiving, but I am just now finding time to write a "thankful" post.
When I really take time to think about it, I realize how incredibly blessed I am. The problem is that I don't reflect on these things often enough. I spend more of my time thinking about my worries and what the next thing on my to-do list is. I often grumble about the amount of work that seminary requires, but then I have to remind myself how incredible it is that I get to study counseling at such an incredible school. Not everyone has been blessed with the support and means to pursue higher education. I am thankful for everyone who has made it possible for me to be here, most of all, my family.
I am also thankful for my fiance, Philip. I'm sure most of you have already read all about our story over the past month or so. We have so much fun together. I mean we think we are the most hilarious couple ever. He thinks I'm funny and I think he's funny. Basically, we think we are awesome. (Please laugh here. I am trying to be funny. Philip would think it was funny.) I never knew someone could bring me so much happiness. He is a gift from God and I pray that I learn how to love him more every day. I can't wait until July 9 when I get to say "I do."
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and is enjoying the Christmas season! I love this time of year and am making a point to do more "Christmasy" things this year than I have in the past. Philip and I are going to a Christmas parade in downtown Denver on Saturday and I'm so excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment