There are certain things I do and certain decisions I make that make me feel particularly grown-up. I am almost 25 so I guess I really am a grown-up now. Sometimes I don't feel like it though...mainly because I am also still a student.
Today Philip and I picked out a brand new washer and dryer! I never thought washer and dryer shopping could be so fun. I never thought a lot of things I do nowadays would be fun. Something happens when you are close to marriage I think. Whatever that something is makes things that were not fun before seem like lots of fun. Its weird. I can't really explain it, but if you've experienced then you probably get what I'm talking about.
I've also decided to start doing more girly things that I never really cared about before. That probably has a lot to do with the fact that I am getting married too. I have been using lotion more and trying to shave my legs a decent amount. Tonight I even put on cuticle cream. Crazy! I never used to care about that kind of stuff. I put lotion on my elbows...something I never did until one of my students asked me what was wrong with my elbows a few months ago. Nothing is wrong with them...they are just dry. Its Colorado ok? The air is very dry here!
Anyways, I have found that I have enjoyed changing and growing into a new role I am about to have in less than three months...Philip's wife!
No comments:
Post a Comment