Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Goodbye stuff!

So...I will be moving into our new apartment in 27 days. Philip was nice enough to offer the apartment to me to get to live in by myself until we get married. With that said, we are now having to combine 2 apartments worth of stuff into a one-bedroom apartment. We would have loved a two-bedroom, but we thought it wise to save the money. It will also force us both to get rid of stuff we don't really need. We can only go up from here! One day we can look back and remember our tiny one-bedroom apartment that we started our marriage in.

Because Philip has nicer furniture than I do, I am having to sell/get rid of all my stuff. He has a queen bed...I have a twin. My twin bed is going to a new home tomorrow. I also need to get rid of a desk, recliner, bookshelf, coffee table, and lots of other random stuff. Getting rid of all this stuff brings me one step closer to getting married! It also means I am inheriting nicer stuff! Although I still enjoy the occasional trip to Goodwill to find a bargain and turn it into a treasure, I now am looking forward to having furniture that doesn't threaten to fall apart underneath me like my current coffee table does.

No comments:

Post a Comment