Tonight Philip and I learned a little more about each other. This whole engagement/marriage thing is a learning curve. We were both hurt by words we had said to each other. I eventually ended up having a total meltdown and bawling while at the same time trying to express all my insecurities that had caused the hurt in me. I needed to let it all out. I had been holding some things in and didn't even realize it until that moment. And through it all he just held me. His shirt was probably soaking wet where my head was by the time I was finished. After I had shed every last tear I had in me, we talked and worked everything out.
Afterward Philip said it was really cute watching me trying to talk while crying. Apparently I was a little hard to understand...
What stands out most to me is how he held me. Thinking back on it now...it was a perfect picture of how God our father holds us when we come to him hurting and broken.
oh, girl. i never thought i was a sensitive person until i got married. now i am the most sensitive and emotional person i know. i get very easily hurt by some words that chris says because i think, "this is my HUSBAND" and "he is supposed to LOVE me" so why is he saying those things? but i do the same to him. we are both human and imperfect and we have a lot of skin to shed to become who we need to be for each other. i am glad that you and philip are learning this!
ReplyDelete