I am a part-time nanny for a cute little 5 year old girl named Haley. I've nannied her for over a year and a half now. Since I've known her she has said some pretty cute stuff. She is an extremely intelligent little girl. Here are a few of my favorites:
While playing checkers, I catch her trying to cheat. I correct her and she tells me "Well...I'm sorry. I'm just discombobulated right now."
When she found out I was engaged, she immediately asked if she could be my flower girl. Luckily, I was already planning on asking her.
About a month later, she pointed to my tummy and said, "so is there a baby in there yet?" She is under the impression that marriage=pregnancy. I had to explain to her that I wasn't even married yet, and no, there is not a baby in there.
While at the park, a bunch of high school kids begin loitering around the bathrooms. Haley literally stares at them for like 10 minutes. I keep trying to tell her it is rude to stare. She tells me, "I love teenagers, but teenage boys eat everything in sight."
Well today I think she may have just topped all of these...at least in my mind. There were 2 particular things she said that I thought were hilarious. I will only share one of them because the other is a tad inappropriate....but still very funny.
She was playing with her polly pocket dolls like usual...making them get married...like usual. She picks up the "minister" and makes him say, "Do you now take this woman to be your dreaded wife?" (yes.) "Do you now take this man to be your dreaded husband?" Of course, she was confusing "wedded" and "dreaded." It took everything in me not to bust out laughing. She does not like when I laugh at her. She gets embarrassed. I will remember that one forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment