Saturday, January 15, 2011

The wedding workout that started with an infomerical

I am getting married in 175 days. When I got engaged in November I decided I wanted to start working out again. I tend to workout lots in the summer and not so much in the winter. The main way I workout is running. Well, I enjoy running, but I'm not really hardcore like a lot of Colorado people are. I am a wimp when it comes to the cold. I won't run if it less than about 50 degrees outside. Well, in Colorado that is pretty much October-April. So, I tend to just not workout during those months. At this point it is just not in the budget to join a gym, so I am stuck trying to figure out ways to workout despite the cold and snow outside.

Well, when 2011 rolled around I finally decided to make good on my decision to start working out. And do you know what I am doing to work out? Well, I will tell you! It is Billy's Bootcamp!!

Let me tell you about a moment of weakness I had my sophomore year in college. It was a Sunday morning and I was waiting to go to church. I had gotten ready and still had about 15 or 20 minutes until I had to leave. For some reason I can't remember, I don't think any of my roommates were around. Well, I turned on the TV and started channel surfing. I happened to stop on an infomercial. Those things are dangerous. Before I knew it, I was learning all about Billy's Bootcamp and how awesome it is and how great your body will look if you do this workout! Well, I was sold. Billy looked like a lot of fun and all his little workout buddies certainly looked like they were in good shape. I ordered the set of workout videos. They even came with "billy bands!" They are those elastic bands that you attach to your feet at one end and hold the other end in your hand. They add resistance to the workout.

Well, the first time I tried to do the workout I about died. Billy's Bootcamp is not for wimps. I think the reason it was so hard for me is because it worked out my arms ALOT. I have girl arms. They are wimpy. Billy's arms are scary.

Anyway, I've used these videos off an on since I got them...probably more off than on. They are great workouts...they really are. I started about 2 weeks ago and am still going strong. Hopefully I won't get too bored with them before the summer gets here and I can start running again. It is a set of 4 videos. I have yet to get through "Basic Training" without stopping at some point. "Ultimate Bootcamp" is still in the wrapping because I am too scared to even try it. Maybe someday I will...and if I am still alive afterwards I will write about it on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment