Yesterday Philip made a very exciting discovery. I had made the discovery the day before, but I didn't get quite as excited about it as he did. This was the most excited I have seen Philip in a while!
Anyone who is from Texas has had Blue Bell ice cream. In fact, they probably grew up on it. Both Philip and I did. Every kid at East Bernard Elementary School has been to the Blue Bell ice cream factory for a field trip. It is in Brenham, Texas. It was a staple growing up. We always had at least 2 flavors in the deep freeze to choose from. When I went over to my grandparents house my grandpa always put a bowl of Blue Bell vanilla ice cream and frozen Oreos in front of me. Yummy!
There are certain things like Blue Bell, Whataburger, HEB, and good Mexican food that Philip and I gave up when we moved out to Colorado. I guess this state just has not been enlightened about the greatness of all of these things. Well, as of tomorrow (officially) Colorado will feel a little tiny bit more like home. Blue Bell has come to Colorado. They are even building a Blue Bell factory here.
A few select locations released Blue Bell in their stores this past weekend. Well, when I told Philip this yesterday he absolutely had to have some right that moment. We were supposed to be studying for a Theology midterm that we have tomorrow evening. I was doing a great job of studying. He on the other hand, was not. After about 10 minutes of asking, I finally agreed to go with him to buy some Blue Bell. Well, I am so glad we did! Blue Bell made a new flavor just for Colorado...Rocky Mountain Road! Philip bought that and Butter Pecan. The Rocky Mountain Road was delicious!
It is nice to have one more thing here that reminds us of home.

All I can say is, so happy for ya'll!!! Haha.
ReplyDelete