Philip and I went to Texas last weekend for wedding. We were only there for one night, but it was enough for us to make us miss it greatly. We walked off the airplane and welcomed the humidity with open arms! We are both pretty tired of the cold, extremely dry air here. Why did I ever complain about Texas winters when I lived in Texas? After the wedding we both walked out of the church and remarked at the same time how Texas just smells different. We miss that sweet warm smell. I was wearing a sleeveless cocktail dress and wasn't cold!
Before this trip we had been talking about when we wanted to move back to Texas. After this trip we both agreed that we want to move back as soon as we can...which is next May after Philip graduates! We are not sure exactly where yet, but we both know that we are homesick. There is just something different about Texas. If you didn't grow up there, you probably wouldn't understand. I miss the southern drawl. I miss people waving to you as you drive by. I miss the beautiful rows of pecan trees. I miss the houses with the big yards and soft green grass. Houses in Colorado are just different. They all have basements and really small yards that are usually sloped somehow. I miss being surrounded by people that share my love of country music. I miss country dancing.
With that said, I can't wait to spend our spring break in Texas in 2 weeks! We will get a chance to spent 3 or 4 days with each of our families. We will get to relax and take a breather from our normal school and work schedules. We will get to sit out on the porch, drink sweet tea and enjoy the sweet March air. I can't wait.

No comments:
Post a Comment