Monday, March 28, 2011

A Shower-filled Spring Break!

This past week was our spring break. Philip and I had been looking forward to it all semester! Our friends and family generously threw us three wedding showers during our time in Texas. We decided to drive instead of fly so we could bring all our presents back with us!

Our spring break started at 5am on Friday morning. We drove 12 hours all the way to Denton. On this drive I discovered how horrible I am at 20 questions....and how great Philip is at 20 questions. He would literally be on his 19th or 20th question and not have a clue about what was in my head...and then out of nowhere he would guess it EVERY SINGLE TIME! After about 3 games like this I decided I didn't like 20 questions anymore.

We spend Friday night in Denton and then headed down to East Bernard on Saturday. On Sunday the Gertson side of my family gave us a beautiful shower. Philip's family made the drive down from Denton to join us at this shower. Here are some of the pictures from that shower.











We had a wonderful time with my family and were so blessed by everyone's generosity. On Tuesday I got to spend some much needed one-on-one time with my mom shopping for my wedding accessories. It was a great day and I ended up with some very unique wedding shoes! On Tuesday evening my mom's side of the family threw us another shower. I don't have any pictures from that one, but it was just as great as the first!

On Wednesday we said goodbye to my family and headed to College Station for the afternoon to knock out some wedding planning! Thanks to Philip, we got lots of important decisions made. If it were up to me I would never make a decision! That afternoon we headed back up to Denton to spend some time with Philip's family. Both his parents took Thursday and Friday off so we were able to spend some great time with them. On Saturday some friends of the Adamsons gave us our last shower of the week! Once again, we were so blessed by this! Here are some pictures.












My parents and sister came up for this shower. Afterwards the Adamsons and the Gertsons got together for some great barbeque at the Adamsons house. It was such a sweet time for all of us. Philip and I spent the rest of the day relaxing and soaking in as much Texas air as we could! Sunday morning we got up early and headed back to Colorado, but not before stopping at Whataburger to satisfy Philip's cravings! Every moment of the trip was so special and we will always remember and be thankful for our amazing friends and family!

3 comments:

  1. You guys are SO cute!! And I love getting to see your families connect. SO special! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - y'all are spoiled! :) i'm glad you had a great trip. and is that a kitchenaid mixer i see in one of the last pictures? i'm jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete